Look. When Supa wakes up and quickly calculates it'll be approximately 17 more hours until she can get her fabulous hustlin' ass back in bed - a sista's tired! Gah. I found myself severely annoyed yesterday when co-workers kept coming into my office and interrupting my quality writing time with C.S.S. projects and other nonsense....yeah, I'm on the clock, but fuck all that! Supa recalls that she specifically requested set hours for "inquires and feedback" during the day. Otherwise folks'll be all up in your grill and hounding you 24/7. Everybody - get the fuck out! Can't you see I'm trying to do something totally unrelated to my job duties? Sheesh.
See? Never give a moody black girl a juicy promotion. Shit goes all to her head...
On to Supa's self-accountability chart:
Reasons why Supa was late to work today:
1) General snooze alarm abuse.
2) Friend called at 6:30 am saying she's coming over early to help pick out paint colors for living room (yes I decided to paint now, it'll never end).
3) Spent 45 minutes spatting over "warm" vs. "cool" color selections, playing tug-o-war with color chart paint wheel, ooh and aahing and walking through the rest of the house with other decorating ideas, planning the next house party, invite list, menu, etc.
4) Employing various tactics trying to wrestle an old piece of pizza from Pooch's mouth (Ruff Ryder #1 left it on the floor in his room. Just nasty.)
5) Indecisive wardrobe selection process.
6) Riding around on "E", forced to stop and get petrol.
7) Ridiculous muthafucking Los Angeles traffic.
Happy Wednesday! Going to the Grammys or any after-parties, Miss Ahmad?
Late Afternoon Update:
Unh hunh, time for this chick to bounce. I'm "under pressure" as David Bowie would say.....I've got too many projects going on, and I'm having issues with this nasty temper/smart-ass mouth of mine....BUT, on a more positive note, I'm quite proud of myself for not going straight 'hood today at the C.S.S. (Corporate Slave Ship, for all you newcomers...)
Example # 1:
Supa's whiny co-worker: Can we talk about something?
Supa's mental response: The fuck you wanna talk about now??????
Supa's verbal response: Sure, gimme a second, I'll be right with you.
Supa's nosy co-worker: Going home already?
Supa's mental response: What you want me to do, bitch, spend the night?????
Supa's verbal response: Yep, I'm off early. Didn't take a lunch today...
'Bout to go home, fix a big fat martini, chill out and watch the Grammy's...I'm giving myself the night off!!!!!