Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Astronomically Yours

Astronomically Yours

(a love poem)

If what you say is true and I'm a celestial being
then I'd spend a billion light years
just hangin' around your galaxy
eclipsing you like the moon radiating like the sun
orbiting spinning circulating rotating
three hundred and sixty degrees
at epic speeds with intensely terminal velocities
entrapping you within the depths of my soul
completely exhaustively infinitely like a limitless black hole
I'd believe in you like astrology
study you like trigonometry
figure you into my complex equation
become the inverse to your square relation
because my passion and adoration
can only be measured by powers of ten and scientific notation
I'd defy the laws of gravity
mock Einstein's relativity
to illustrate precisely what you do to me
see
your touch makes me explode pulse spin like a quasar
fall like a shooting star
can't fight it won't deny it
you get my protons neutrons electrons and atoms
over excited
and when we kiss move melt collide
I'm suspended like space-time
transported to the outermost tip of the cosmos
baby, don't you know?
if I was a planet I'd exist
simply to revolve around
you




excerpted from:
by Ms. Jamal Sharif, 2000

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a lucky man

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

spit that righteous poetry girl! yaay for love poems!

Anonymous said...

Girl, who had ya open like that?!?!! :D I'd love someone to meet someone who could inspire those words in me. Wonderful poem!

Supa said...

@ Ms. A - right,right!

@ CG - uhhh..it was "CSJ" *big grin*

Anonymous said...

you this is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Cinq says buy this book!