Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tuesday Tidbits

What it be like, blogger fam? Right, right!

So Supa's been toiling away on her essay for Dr. Smith's lecture next Monday. I'm in the zone, man. Creative energy just flowin' from a sis! It's the kind of mental stimulation a writer gets when you start feelin' your flow, kind of shyt that keeps you up at night, infiltrates the subconscious, inspiration seeps into your dream space, you wake up and can't settle down until you pick up where you left off............creative madness penetrates your entire being. Kinda like a slow, hard, intense, complete mental orgasm. Yo, it's not as good as the real thing, but it's damn close! (ha ha) Guess that's why it's called a writer's high! It's like crack, baby! (Dave Chapelle voice) I mean, not that I would know..but you feel me. Probably gonna need some herbal refreshments to calm down a lil' tonight, though...

So! Some quickies today.....

The "Thank God He Wasn't Black" crime award goes to this fool:



It's been all the talk out here in LA. Some fool hops out of a Lexus to snatch a gold chain off a 5 year old girl's neck. Entire incident caught on surveillance tape. Both chain snatcher and get away driver (a chick) were later arrested. Chain snatcher turns out to be Latino. Though, no matter who - this nonsense was just fucking disgusting. Someone needs to whoop THAT trick. But, ya know..just glad it wasn't one of our "brethren"....I think the show "COPS" did enough for showcasing ignant negroes and their crimes on TV.....


Anyone catch Dave Chappelle's appearance on Oprah?



Supa just got around to watching the episode last night. (I love you, TiVo) Anyway, I was proud of Dave and the sentiments he expressed. Granted, he's still a fool, but I think Dave's consciousness and awareness have been raised (re: social responsibility as a black man in the entertainment industry) after this mess with Comedy Central.

Thought, comments?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your award is dope, Supa! That's a classic:)

I watched Chappelle. Dunno...he had that crackie twitch to his movements and stuff. Made me wonder if he was suffering from some med withdrawal.

On another "big" news note, what's been up with Opie's coif? Sistah pulled another 'hair' to the nah! on this show (see your photo).

We might need an intervention for both of them, real soon!

Anonymous said...

Cocoa - yeah, Dave's always had the crackish mannerisms...

re: Opie's hair - I give up.

ThatGirlTam said...

Yeah, I saw that shit on the news with the dude jumpin out the car to snatch that child's chain...someone should BEAT HIS MUTHA FUCKIN ASS for that shit!! FOR REAL!!! I was MAD!!!

I don't have Tivo, so I'm jealous...Oprah's hair...ummm...can we fire her stylist??

tia said...

That's a gotdamn shame--how somebody gon gank a lil kid!?!?!? Then again, Eric Jerome Dickey's been doin' it for years, huh.

ThatGirlTam said...

Oooooooooooooooo....that was a good one...

African girl, American world said...

dagone what else can happen? snatching a chain from a child...come the fuck on! Dude gon get clowned and messed with royally for that one for life!

My DVR misses me - couldn't catch up this weekend with all the family fetivities and all so I'll catch Dave tomorrow.

Zlogical said...

I agree "Whoop that trick!" Somebody needs to catch his butt on the toilet in jail, rush and kick his...then plot out a series of surprise ass whoopin's so that he'd always remember how foolish he was for preying on a child. Leave the children alone! In fact trade in that Lexus fool. Wait a minute I just got a thought...the lady picks up her cousin walking down the street--she don't know he's going to snatch a chain so she can keep her ride for now until further investigation. I recall one day way back when I was a young wondering man I hooked up with a few old running partners who while on the way to a local arcade decide to jump out and jack someone's coat and shoes. There I was guilty, too, simply because I was riding...to make a long story short we were in the arcade later when that same young man came in, saw us, and ran out. One partner pursued him on foot while the other with the newly acquired coat and shoes tried to catch up to him in his (stolen) car. Anyways he got a way, and I was happy, but I did not say it outloud. My two long lost partners were later pistol whipped by someone and their crew who they had jacked before. You have to be careful who you ride with, pick up etc friends, family or not. Well I'm yapping Supa.