Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up


Happy Super Bowl weekend, Blogger Peeps!

So Supa must have been really feeling herself, because she went out not one, not two...but three nights in a row this weekend! Whaaat?! Ya girl was out roaming these beautiful eighty-degree Cali streets like Whitney Houston lookin' for a hit. All of this was due to my ace girl Kishna flying in from Jersey to visit and have some good ole' diva-style fun. (Shout out to SPD!)
(pic of me and Kish in Jamaica)

Friday night, we had dinner and cocktails, then went to see "Something New"...




Supa's quick review: Grade - C+ . Cute. Corny. Cliche'.

Saturday we went out breakfasting with some fam at CJ's, a cute homestyle diner type joint in off Pico Blvd. in West LA. And then we went shopping, of course. Bounced on down the street to Pinkie Rose boutique (the place where I got the fly wedgies), and damn near lost our minds! It was the owner's Ms. Pinkie's birthday, so we sang (Happy Birthday Marcia!) and ate rum cake and laughed and shopped.
(Kish, trying on fabulous threads).

For all you LA girls, you gotta stop by Pinkie's spot! She's a sista businesswoman doing her thing, and her clothing and jewelry is so fly and unique. She promises to get her website up and running soon.

Saturday night we hung out with all the flossin' folks at Grand Lux Cafe in Beverly Hills.
One of Supa's favorite spots. Best Mojitos I've had outside of Miami. Good eats, cool atmosphere. We were joined by Mikal (my ace's brother) and RR#1 even blessed us with his presence. Family, food, fun. That's the good shit right there...

Sunday, and on to the infamous Super Bowl party! Hosted at my boy Jon Jake's pad. By the time Supa and her crew walked in, the poker game was on, the house was full, steaks were on the grill, and the drinks were flowin'.

Hung out with my girls, saw some cute guys, sipped on Sangria and parlayed the night away. Oh yeah, and Demitri at the Super Bowl party wanted me to mention that he likes my realness and thinks I'm sexy. So there ya go. Shout out to Demitri! (let's see if you leave a comment this time, playa..)

Some other regular and/or boring stuff happened in-between Supa's social spree, but it isn't worth a mention...had a great weekend! Look closely and you'll see I'm smiling and content....

(updated pic for wise-crackin' ass anonymous at dallaspenn.com) lol! PS - I don't like this pic, I look sweet. It's very deceiving.....

Supa, out!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eighty degrees, eh? While you were rockin' a wifebeater, I was donning my brand new peachy/pink parka with fur-trimmed hood - IN 35 degree weather!!!

:(

African girl, American world said...

Glad you had a good time - great pics as usual and yes let sister gurl know that folk in KY are waitihng on her store website so we can shop away :)

Supa said...

CG, that coat sounds too fly. Pictures please!!!

Hey Mwabi! Strangely enough, you were in one of my (strange) dreams this weekend!

Anonymous said...

It was all good. That's the Jamal i like to hang out with..... Peace & Love

Supa said...

Anonymous must be Demitri..right right..

mrs.tj said...

sounds like you had a ball.
holla!

Single Ma said...

I haven't had a weekend of fun w/ fam and friends in a minute. Prolly since Thanksgiving. I'm long overdue for a trip to NC.

So glad you had a good weekend. I can hear (read) the smile on your face from your post/comments today. Now use that energy to get to work on time tomorrow! LOL

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

yes girl you had a good one. i partied so hard for the super bowl my butt was passed out by 8 pm! still slightly hung over when i woke up!

goo steelers!

and i decided that bettis is just a big-fine! i hope that's not a sign of the apocolypse!

African girl, American world said...

what do I do all up in your dream?!!

Supa said...

Single Mom - Yeah, right. Get to work on time? Puh! Thanks for the positive energy, tho. :)

Miss Ahmad - Whoo whoop! (ok, that's kinda played, but whateva) Glad you had a great time, too!

Mwabi - in my dream, I was supposed to be coming to visit you at your house or somethin', and I was late, but couldn't find your phone# to call you, etc.
Just craziness, girl. :) Nothing bad!

chrome said...

rolling on the west huh? gr8 pics (while obi cuddles himself to keep out this DAMN cold lol)

Demitri's right

African girl, American world said...

see - dreams suck!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Obi - try and stay warm, love. I'll send u some Cali sunshine.....

Anonymous said...

SUPA,
I am mad at that pic that you closed with. You look all pretty-n-stuff but with the poor lighting it makes me wonder if you got that 'looks good in the dark club' syndrome.

I'm just sayin'

http://www.dallaspenn.com

Supa said...

anonymous - you stoopid! uhh, there are other photos on this site for reference....

lmao @ "looks good in the club dark" syndrome! bwaaa! yeah, brothas be havin' that too...

Supa said...

FYI - My Palm cam doesn't have a flash & I refuse to buy a digital....

Anonymous said...

Soup,
I's 'preciate your photographicness. I may have to post my picture one day.




not.

http://www.dallaspenn.com