My cyberpal Obi from South London. gave us this little quiz. Check out Glam, 'cause she did it too. I'm just now getting around to mine. And now's the perfect time, since I've just decided I'm not doin' shit else at work today.
So here's the deal. Read it, copy paste and answer the questions yourself, put it on your blog:-)
1. Name: "Mally Mal" aka Supa Sister aka "Soup"
(moniker annointed by somebody over at dallapenn.com)
2. Date of birth: June 14th on Planet Earth in this incarnation :)
3. Where you live: La La Land. Los Angeles, California
4. What makes you happy: writing, hearing my children laugh, soul-kissing, great hands, cosmic sex, sugar cookies, traveling, sunbathing, sunflowers, house parties, great music/books/movies
5. Currently listening/the last thing you listened to: "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime" by BECK
6. Do you read my blog? Yep
7. If yes, what makes it especially good or bad? Your love of hip-hop, dope tracks, your personal insights, your African Music Round-up articles.
8. An interesting fact about you: I'll give two:
(1) I was named in honor of a famous jazz musician
(2) I've got a scar from a 9mm shell case
9. Are you in love/do you have a crush at the moment?:
Yes I'm in love (with life), and yes I have a crush.
10. Favorite place to spend time: My bed
11. Favorite lyric: now there she goes again/the dopest Ethiopian/and now the world around me be like movin' in slow motion/whenever she happens to walk by/why does the apple of my eye/overlook and disregard my feelings/no matter how hard I try
12. The best time of the year: the Carribean in July. Summertime, anywhere.
1. A film: Cidade de Deus (City of God), Sex y Lucia, Mama Africa (don't limit me, man!)
2. A book: Letters to a Young Poet, Ranier Maria Rilke
3. A band, a song, or album: Mystic "Cuts for Luck and Scars for Freedom"
1. One thing you like about me: you are Nigerian and live in London and you remind me....oops that was three.
2. Two things you like about yourself: My smile and my wit.
3. Look at my friends-list and tell what you like about one of our mutual friends: Glamazon aka Ms. Ahmad - she's a bomb poet and she's mad deep, and she joined in with me on the James Frey literary beatdown.
4. Put this in your journal so that I can tell you what I like about you: Here it is