Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend Wrap Up

What’s gwaan out there in Blogland? All is well in the big city…

Big shout out to my blogger peeps who stopped by and wished a sista well – Closet Owner, Single Mom, Obi, Mwabi, Don’t Push Me, JA, Doc, Miss Ahmad, Cocoa Girl, Shawn, Southern Gal, Brotha Z, One Cool Sis, That Crazy Girl Tam, and Sexy Petite Diva. Your comments don’t go unread (or unfelt), and words really can heal. Trust and believe!

And I’ve gots to give a special big ups to Obi from South London, who posted an old skool hip-hop playlist to his site, which includes classics from 3rd Bass, Erik B & Rakim, NWA, Chubb Rock, MC Shan, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and BDP, among others. True headz, you betta check him out!

So! Even though Supa claimed she wanted to get some rest this weekend, ya’ll should know by now that was just some wishful ass-thinking, right? For starters, the Ruff Ryders went on and busted my plans by coming down with their own colds. So basically, Supa was runnin’ around playing nursemaid – stocking the house up with juice, water, soup, cold medicine, PSP games, Nickelodeon magazines, etc. , and of course whipping up their favorite snack of Supa's famous fried chicken wings...

And then, of course, I got to speak to one of my academic crusheswow! Afterward, Supa had agreat big grin on her face!

By Sunday night, though, I was weary enough to start making the Ruff Ryder multiple cups of Supa’s Special Hot Tottie – slices of fresh lemon, honey, tea, cayenne pepper (clears up the mucus), all boiled in hot water, and laced with a reasonable amount of Jamaican rum. After which, The Boy and The Girl were knocked out on the sofa, snoring like somebody’s old drunk uncle. I am happy to report they feel better, thanks to my efforts and constant insistence that they keep washing their hands, eating their soup, taking their meds, and most importantly, kept their socks on.



The Girl, clown that she is, came back into the living room after that instruction dressed like this:

with her pajama pants all scrunched down in her socks. She was being a bit of a smartass. She looked absolutely ridiculous, and Supa got a good laugh! Why are Supa's spawn so goofy? Hmmmm…….. (also pictured is The Pooch)

But hey! Seems black folks were doing the damn thing and shining all over the globe today!

The first African woman elected as President of an African country (Liberia)…
Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf


Queen La looking fab while presenting at the Golden Globe’s….
My boyfriend Shaq gave Kobe a hug before the Heat/Laker game….


S. Epatha Merkerson's win for Lackawanna Blues at the Golden Globe's...


Samuel L. Jackson sittin’ on Oprah’s couch, talking about his next film Freedomland……

PLUS nobody I know got killed in South Central L.A....so like this guy says

"Today was a good day!"

I think Dr. King would've been proud.

Have a great week, ya'll!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...is there such a thing as being addicted to blogging?!? LOL Last time I was here you were tired and potentially sick...came back today and (per usual) girly's on F-I-R-E!

Regarding peeps doing their thing, Epatha is on fire as well. She racked took home a trophy last year, too. So glad to see her representing for the Cocoas.

OK, don't shoot me, but is the new prez of Liberia rocking an S-curl? I'm just saying...

Supa said...

Cocoa Girl, no you DIDN'T say an S-curl!!! I forgot - how is that different than its cousin, the Jheri???

confer

Anonymous said...

I think a Jheri is more 'bout, 'bout it, whereas an S-curl is basicially a texturizer.

I (unfortunately)have experienced both first hand.

Genesis said...

cayenne pepper? thats different. im going to have to try that one day.

ice cube is hot...i love his eyebrows.

Supa said...

Cocoa Girl - okay, I'ma trust you on that! :)

Doc - Cube is hot! To be so short.....

African girl, American world said...

hey hey hey - African sistas love their curls to this day and wear them proudly. They call them 'wet looks' LOL

Your daughter sounds darling - I love to be corny! it is all about amusing myself :)

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

girl those chicken wings look good! and i'm gonna have to try that tea. i do my own version with garlic, lemon, honey and fresh ginger root..but i could use a little rum in it!

Supa said...

@ Mwabi - the "wet look" ?? lol MY hair doesn't look like that when it's wet!!!

Ms. Ahmad - your tea sounds good too...garlic is supposed to be the BEST but I'm allergic..the rum is what makes it bombastic! :)

Anonymous said...

i love rr#2. she seems to have a great personality!

did you see lackawanna blues. it was fabulous.

what's up with the fried chicken wings...that doesn't seem very "supasister" like. was it the rum?

tia said...

OMG Can ya girl PLEEEASE get the recipe to the Special HOT TOTTIE!!? I have been looking for a good one for at least 12 years--since I got hooked up with a cup in Houston. I Neeeeeeed!! That! So! Bad!

chrome said...

thx sweetheart. you are one prolific woman. I read this post. come back a few days later and loadsa posts since. inspirational