Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Scared Straight (Public Service Announcement)

So Supa spent her hectic day coordinating time schedules with contractors in the ungodly early morning hours (work to be done on the house), shuffling lethargic kids to school, presenting herself to work on time (okay, well 8:17 a.m. qualifies as on time for ME), strutting her presentation skills at today’s big meeting, juggling projects, calming the nerves of impatient vendors, yucking it up on the phone with her, and okay, not going to lie about this, checking in and commenting on all my peep’s blogs and posting on mine…. Whew! By the time I looked up it was 2:30 and I hadn’t eaten a thing! Save for a measly handful of gourmet caramel popcorn

And so Supa’s boss, sweet soul that he is, asked why I hadn’t eaten, and I told him, oh I just got busy….

And so here’s the scary part. He then gives me a stern look and says in a loving, fatherly tone (he’s an older Persian dude, spoils me like a princess, ideal boss, very cool), “you know, at this point you’re riding on your good genes…as you get older, all this not eating right will catch up with you…”

*sccrrrreeechhhh* (sound of brakes coming to a grinding halt in my head)

Suddenly, the Future Supa flashed before my eyes - all wrinkled and raggedy and haggard and hunched over from osteoporosis trying to cross the street with my cane in my horrid Easy Spirit shoes and some bad polyester pantsuit, with someone looking on and shaking their head in pity, going “…such a shame…I heard she was fly once…she really shouldn’t have skipped all those lunches….”

So Supa took her lunch at 3 PM, ran out to the local Trader Joe’s and stocked up on apples, raspberrys, a fruit bowl, juice, vitamin water, Hansen’s natural sodas, turkey jerky, low fat chips, and enough healthy frozen lunches to get me through next week.

Yes, I have a mini-fridge in my office. Oh, shut it. Told ya’ll I was spoiled.

So boys and girls, this is just a friendly reminder that since we demand so much of our bodies, we must remember to fuel them appropriately, lest we end up tired and worn and bent over and ugly when we get older.

(And on the eating right tip, I'm ashamed because I know better. Guess I just needed my coat pulled, so I could act like I know better!)

That's all kiddies! Carry on....

Today's Update: I've almost devoured the entire pack of turkey jerky as my breakfast this morning. I can't stop. This can't be healthy....

26 comments:

African girl, American world said...

Hmph!! mini fridge in office!

now I gotta think of new beef those treated like stepchildren at work vs those overly spoiled!

Hmph!

Supa said...

ha ha ha ha!!!! Stop pouting!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That's it. I usually eat healthy but have been shopping the ghetto/hood "grocier" lately. This week was a sack of Frito Lay Munchies and Oreos, last week it was the 12-box of Entemann's donuts (powder, choco and plain).

It's a wrap! Thanks Supa!!

Supa said...

Handle ya biz, Cocoa Girl!!! lol. We all fall down...but we get up. :)

Frito lays and Oreos?? shame shame!

Carmell said...

dayum gurl your font is too small!!!!

Supa said...

@ koolbreeze - Is the font too small??? Sorry!

Carmell said...

yeah i have to get really close to read it. squintting the whole time!

Serenity3-0 said...

So does that mean you can now read blogs at work again?

Supa said...

@ koolbreeze: well from one blind chick to another, I apologize!!

tia said...

Yeh, I feel all that but I'm just glad he didn't pull yo coattail 'bout PUNCTUALITY! Ooh wee, homie. lol

(Font looks fine to me...or did you fix it already?)

Supa said...

@ OCS - My sweet boss is generally out in the field by the time I sneak, I mean, GET IN!! :)

Didn't do anything to the font. Think it looks different on different 'puters...

ThatGirlTam said...

LMAO..yes yo ass is SPOILT (hehehe like my word?)Well at least I bring my lunch to work (when I cook the night before). And if push comes to shove I get free food from the restaurant in the lobby (property management at its best!!)...hmmm...dang does that mean I'm spoiled too?

I'm jealous...the closest TJ's from my job is 3rd and LaBrea... ((rollin my eyes @ you))

Single Ma said...

I was already feelin guilty about that fried chicken I ate last night and the quarter pounder I had for lunch today. Then I bounce on over here to your blog expecting a laugh and you make me feel like a big ole blob. Damn damn damn!!!

I’m going home to throw away all that junk I bought last week. Tomorrow will be a better day! *thinkin to muhself* "be like Supa Sis, be like Supa Sis, be like Supa Sis!! cuz fruit, vitamin water, lowfat chips, and lean cuisine is delicious!!"

This is going to be hard...

*sigh*

mrs.tj said...

Hold on! My auntie wears Easy spirits! HA!
True blogging can make you forget about lunch!
Holla!

Supa said...

@ Tam - PLEASE!! You're spoilt too

@ Single Mom - Aww now, don't beat yourself up!! Just start from today. :) Maybe we can just "balance out" the GOOD stuff with the HEALTHY stuff...even though the healthy stuff CAN be good...you know what I mean!!! Maybe if we can just incorporate a healthier diet/snacks, we'll be on our way...

Supa said...

@ Mrs. TJ - To a chick who loves her stilletos and high-heeled boots, rockin' them Easy Spirits is like saying "you 'aint fly no mo'!!!" lol

No disrespect to your auntie..

Anonymous said...

No Cristal in the fridge? That's a first.

Supa said...

Cristal? Shoot, I need some vodka in that mug!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Vodka is to drink. Cristal is for decoration...

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i eat allot of healthy food to balance out the Vodka!

Superstar Nic said...

LOL @ you and that damn Turky jerkey!

Mini fridge in office? Damn!!!

I'm so proud of you making it into work at a DECENT time (smile).

Anonymous said...

very good supa! i worry about you not eating at all or properly. big ups to your boss. we are divalicious but we are now closer to that one number that comes before that other number...you know the one!

we are in preservation and maintenance mode.

i had my first belly dancing class tonight and it was a real workout.

take baby steps but we gotta exercise. there is no way around it.

Supa said...

okay another update, the turkey jerky gave me the runs....

MIZPOWDERPINK said...

Give it up for great bosses! I have a great boss too....what a blessing..

yea, but what the hell is turkey jerky? That sounds worst then my tofurkey...

Supa said...

Welcome Mz. Pink! Uhh, turkey jerky is the same thing as BEEF jerky - 'cept it's turkey!! :)

haven't tried tofurkey yet. lol

chrome said...

mini fridge in office? I should come work there. the fools at my office keep stealing my shit from the office fridge. was gonna ask what turkey jerky was.