Friday, June 30, 2006
I Got Five On it: Showin' Some Love
A bit back...of few of us Supa Chicks decided to compile a List of Magnificence...Supa's been holding hers since the Blogger On Crack Era...but alas..
Here it is! (and Happy Fuckin' Friday!)
Five Things I Like About My Chick Tia-Style:
1) She's like, some kind of genius. No really. Sistas mind and abilities are downright scary sometimes. Otha day when we were IM'n, she was writing with one hand, typing with the other! I am in constant amazement about how her mind works. From multi-tasking family, career, school, side-businesses & organizations, to handing down all kinds of technical and web advice, to givin' me the breakdown on the physics of the Downey Ball - Tia has that shit on lock!
2) I have mad love and appreciation for what she's done with the Black Writers Alliance. (formerly known as the AAOWG - yeah, I took it waaaay back!) She has created a resource and an invaluable community for African-American writers nationwide, and she also has a sincere desire to assist others in perfecting their craft and obtaining their goals.
3) She is a true sisterfriend. We have known each other through some real challenges, and Tia has always been there to lend an ear, send me a thoughtful email, reach out on the telephone (even when I don't answer..), offer her prayers and words of encouragement, and embrace me with her caring spirit.
4) She hails from USC. (University of South Central). That means we're homegirls from the block. And believe me - she represents. A true gangstress. (and that's all I'ma say about that..)
5) She's funny as hell, with her country talking ass. And she's radiant and ultra-witty. Perfect example of brains and beauty and booty. (dude - no homo!) And Halle aka STORM 'aint got shit on my girl
Five Things I dig about Mwabi:
1) She is a dope personification of an "African Girl in an American World." She shares her world with us from her unique perspective, and no matter what, she keeps it all "sista."
2) She has one of the most beautiful, calming smiles I've ever seen! (again - no homo)
3) She holds down her family of men - from the two little ones to the big one! Only a Queen can handle such a task..and still find time to blog!!!
4) I don't think she knows this, but she brought tears to my eyes when she did a review of my book on her blog, and mentioned how because of it, she felt inspired.. (awwww!)
5) She's a gifted writer in her own right. Check her out!