Monday, November 27, 2006

Legal Gangstas

wonder if every time
they shoot a black boy
we shoot a cop
every time they kill a black man
we kill a cop
wonder if the accident rate
would go down expotentially...
~Nikki Giovanni
[paraphrased]

Condolences to Sean Bell, his family, fiancee, children & friends

Nigger
Can you kill
Can you kill
Can a nigger kill a honkie
Can a nigger kill the Man
Can you kill nigger
Huh? nigger can you
kill
Do you know how to draw blood
Can you poison
Can you stab-a-Jew
Can you kill huh? nigger
Can you kill
Can you run a protestant down with your
'68 El Dorado
(that's all they're good for anyway)
Can you kill
Can you piss on a blond head
Can you cut it off
Can you kill
A nigger can die
We 'aint got to prove we can die
We got to prove we can kill
They sent us to kill
Japan and Africa
We policed europe
Can you kill
Can you kill a white man
Can you kill the nigger
in you
Can you make your nigger mind
die
Can you kill your nigger mind
And free your black hands to
strangle
Can you kill
Can a nigger kill
Can you shoot straight and
Fire for good measure
Can you splatter their brains in the street
Can you kill them
Can you lure them to bed and kill them
We kill in Vietnam
for them
We kill for UN and NATO and SEATO and US
And everywhere for all alphabel but
BLACK
Can we learn to kill WHITE for BLACK
Learn to kill niggers
Learn to be Black men

~ The True Import of Present Dialogue, Black vs. Negro
Nikki Giovanni

5 comments:

P said...

I was physically ill when I read about this. It was one of those things, where, try as I may, I try and detach myself from it, because to think about it, even in the face of not knowing, it too painful to face.

Thank you for posting this. Always the place to come, which is why I came. . .

African girl, American world said...

You know J, I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. It was my dreams again. WHen I heard this news, I blocked it out, I didn;t want to allow myself to feel and it showed up in my dream instead. And that crazy 20/20 story a couple of weeks ago too.

I dreamt my father was accused of a murder that occured in a white man's house that my father had never even been to. The white man whose hand print (blood on the wall) matched exactly was let free while my dad whose hand was too big to fit the print was charged with murder.

I am left wondering if for white folks how they do us shows up in their dreams.

I know I make no sense, but I know you get me.

Supa said...

@ H. Lewis Smith: Thanks, will check out that website. I was thinking about that too: If anything positive comes outta this Kramer breakdown mess, it should be how WE as a people put our own selves on BLAST by using that word like it's the thing to do.

@ P: Rough, aint it. It's so hard to experience, even when it's from a distance..Thanks for your feedback, ma.

@ Mwabi: I wonder if "they" wonder too. I sometimes think that the "white entitlement" mentality prevents most of them from feeling/thinking/acting on a HUMAN LEVEL. Historically, anyway...
(so you're dreams are really trying to get your attention, hunh) :)

Anonymous said...

damn u should be here in ny. it's nuts!

FreeBeing said...

Supa. The minute I heard about this tragedy, my heart just ached. It makes you SO tired, don't it? And the saddest thing is: we aren't hearing about all the OTHER mess going on out there. They took everything from these people: life, now-love, later-love, unborn things... Just so fukked up.

I keep waiting for this generation of our people to raise up another Huey or Malcolm in response the madness.