25 Epiphanomenalities and General Random Things Supa Learned While being Grown-and-Sexy and Away on Mini-Vacation:
1. Sunshine, travel, good food, great art, genuine people, rampant laughter, and new experiences truly make life bearable.
2. Lots and lots of alcohol does too.
3. Overpacking your designer suitcase with every conceivable outfit formulation based on mood fluctuations, inclement/ideal weather possibilities, venue changes, and options for morning/afternoon/evening/late night gear is a fashionista necessity and therefore worth paying the funky $25 dollar overweight luggage fee. (Haters)
Addendum: Airport people watching is the best. Really. Loads of unbelievable cell phone conversations and prime writing material in effect.
4. Southwest is the official bootleg version of all airlines. From the drama that unassigned in-flight seating inevitably brings, to the flight attendants who wear stained khaki shorts and appear as if they also moonlight for Denny's, to the passengers who looked like they were actively jumping bail. Just janky.
Addendum: Any child over 5 years of age & flying on an airplane, who obnoxiously yells at their parents and won't listen or sit the fuck down or stop playing with the back of my chair should have a special window their asses can be thrown out of.
5. Sometimes, a pear is not a peach. (Thanks, Manesh..)
6. Somewhat related, Supa vows to learn how to make an unparalleled mango mojito within the next 30 days.
7. Hands down, Sex y Lucia is still one of the most visually and psychologically moving, magical, poignant, innovative, subjective, and creative foreign flics Supa has seen.
8. Supa gets strangely aroused by any man who can correctly pronounce and effectively use the word "chrysalis" in a sentence.
9. Yay area chronic will have your ass straight useless. Unless you have about six hours to fuck off and do absolutely nothing, Supa doesn't recommend partaking.
10. Motorcycles are dangerous. (Feel better, T-Boom!)
11. When visiting another city, it is both comical and delightful to observe the resident white folk in action. 'Cause Supa gets hella bored looking at the same dry-ass crackafied corporate and/or industry types she sees on the daily. Give her a cluster of fresh outta rehab lookin’ white boys with fifty piercings in their face, ears, nose, and lips; rocking some dreadlocs while pedaling scooters or busted-out bicycles a la ‘70’s, it’s enough to make her grin.
12. The more I travel stateside and beyond, the more I (sadly) realize how economically and racially segregated the city of Los Angeles really is.
13. DJ's are supa sexy. (something about the combination of music, creativity, and skilled and competent hands...)
(Supa caressing the equipment...now that's hot.)
14. Homeless white dudes in San Fransisco give shitty driving directions.
15. Supa really digs the vibe of fly-ass cafes.
16. No matter what, it’s always good to reconnect with some extended fam bam.
(Supa pozin' with her 22 yr-old stepdaughter. Sounds strange, I know, but don't ask, it's all good.)
17. Despite how much she might grumble about life in mommy mode, Supa be missin' her spawn when she's away. (dont tell nobody..) And the whining I did over missing The Pooch was borderline pathetic…
18. A Supa Ephiphanomenality: Life is both beautiful and painful, fabulous and fucked up, effortless and challenging, very often at the same time, which tends to make even the most fleeting moments of total being and euphoria and laughter feel like the longest and most beautifully tangible moments in ones life. “Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life”
19. Another epiphanomenality: While in a popular and overcrowded reggae club during a holiday weekend filled to the hinges with crunk and disorderly patrons who are hella liquored up, high, hyphy-fied and thizzled out - countless pathiggas will seize that as the unpassable opportunity to grind, grope, feel on, and basically molest your ass on the dance floor and leave you with a perfect understanding of how and why a woman can be inspired to cut a muthafuckas dick off then attempt to brutally fuck him with it. I'm just saying.
20. It took a long ass time to realize that Supa really (for real really) fiends over the Drum and Bass musical genre. Watch ya back, hip-hop.
21. Did I also mention that chronic will have you perplexed over the most elementary of tasks? Like how to successfully install a new roll of toilet paper, or how to remove your left contact lens. And chronic also makes u hella forgetful too. Did I already say that?
22. Last ephiphanomenality: It never ever fails that if/when you start feeling the next brotha, every ex, past lover, stalker, and secret male and lesbian crush from your past will come out of the fucking woodwork and try to kick extra pimp game on how they've (a) had their own epiphanomenality & are now suddenly positive they cannot go on without you, and/or (b) wax poetic on why ya'll should get (or get back) together, and/or (c) proclaim how they really wanna hold it down with you/for you in all areas (yadda yadda), and just talk that general yang which basically translates into (d), seeing if they can still hit it.
23. Supa really digs San Fran. (always has) It's like the East coast of the West coast. Berkeley is mad chill, too. Very un-Hollywood. Very refreshing.
(Yo, call me Raja...)
25. Memorial Day Weekend Breakdown:
~Air fare for mini-vacay on janky-ass SouthWest airlines: $ 200
~Hateration overweight bag fee: $25
~Cost of a round of drinks on account of losing a stupid bet: $10
~Gaining a funky new addition to my already endless Tshirt collection: $0
Big, BIG ups to the Konte's at Guerilla Cafe for my complimentary Guerilla Tee!
~Rallying up the supa powers to save a brotha from going beyond the brink: Priceless!